Steven Spielberg donates Lincoln props to charity
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
Oscar-winning filmmaker Steven Spielberg has donated a number of props from his movie'Lincoln' to his leading actor Daniel-Day-Lewis's favourite charity.The 66-year-old filmmaker has handed over a set of gloves and miniature soldiers featured in the movie, as well asLincoln's handmade knife, for Ireland's Wicklow Hospice Foundation upcoming charity auction, reported Daily Express.
Day-Lewis, who stars as former American President Abraham Lincoln in Spielberg's Oscar-nominated film, has been a major supporter of the foundation since his mother spent her final days under their care in 2009.
"Props of this quality never come on the market and are closely protected by movie studios. Now that Lincoln is hotly tipped to scoop multi-Academy awards, we're being told the value is even higher," said Brendan Cuddihy, Chairman of the Wicklow Hospice Foundation
The items will go under the hammer at the movie's European premiere in Dublin next week on Janaury 20th. 'Lincoln' currently leads the 2013 Oscars race with 12 nominations.
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota
- ‘Start political revolution by defeating Rahul, Modi’
- Count of Monte Carlo: Wawrinka tames master, becomes one