Steven Spielberg named filmmaker of the year by editors
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Director Steven Spielberg will be honoured with the ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year Award at the American Cinema Editors' 63rd annual ACE Eddie Awards on February 16.
Spielberg's latest film 'Loncoln' is at the top with 12 nominations at the upcoming Oscar awards including the best picture and best director, the Hollywood Reporter said.
"Steven Spielberg is a cinematic treasure. For over four decades he has been moving audiences around the world with his unique, powerful brand of storytelling. As one of the most successful directors in history, he has brought us beloved films, which have not only delighted us but have been indelibly woven into our cultural fabric," the ACE Board of Directors said in a statement.
"Throughout it all, he has worked side by side with the great Michael Kahn, ACE, forming a director-editor partnership that has lasted decades. It is our pleasure to recognize him with the ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year honor, especially in a year where he has, once again, created a masterpiece with his latest film, Lincoln."
ACE, the honorary society of film editors, is comprised of more than 700 editors working in film and television. The ACE Eddie Awards recognize outstanding editing in nine categories of film, television and documentaries.
- Man held for fleeing with women’s jewellery after proposing marriage
- Now, accused Shridharan seeks permanent accommodation
- Quash FIR for murder bid, Rane urges HC
- Ahmedabad East seat: Congress local man confident of overtaking BJP’s ‘imported actor’
- Trangenders in city hail SC verdict, say they’re humans at last
- Ramdev to campaign for Modi in Vadodara, Cong complains