'Stewardess' Richard Branson fired by AirAsia chief Tony Fernandez
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
"It's something I never, ever dreamed of doing," the AirAsia chief said.
"What he doesn't realise is once I go to space, there'll be a low-cost version - AirAsia Galactica, about 10 per cent of the price he's charging," Fernadez warned.
The special flight's fare was Austarlian Dollar 399, with Aus D 100 from each seat to be donated by AirAsia X to the Starlight Children's Foundation in Australia.
Fernandes told reporters he had to be in his underpants for a while as Branson spilled juice on him, but another flight member kindly lent him a pair of shorts while his jeans were being dried.
Fernandes gave Branson a certificate to recognise he had "graduated" as an AirAsia stewardess.
Branson said he has huge respect for the "fabulous flight attendants" who performed their jobs everyday.