'Stewardess' Richard Branson fired by AirAsia chief Tony Fernandez
- India will set climate change conference agenda: Narendra Modi
- From Kerala family to ex-gangster, Islamic State pulls Maldives men
- Collegium system end: NJAC is in, judges lose say in hiring
- BJP-RSS set to demolish secular democratic foundations: CPI(M)
- Ahmedabad: Saffron uniform for Hindu kids, green for Muslim
"It's something I never, ever dreamed of doing," the AirAsia chief said.
"What he doesn't realise is once I go to space, there'll be a low-cost version - AirAsia Galactica, about 10 per cent of the price he's charging," Fernadez warned.
The special flight's fare was Austarlian Dollar 399, with Aus D 100 from each seat to be donated by AirAsia X to the Starlight Children's Foundation in Australia.
Fernandes told reporters he had to be in his underpants for a while as Branson spilled juice on him, but another flight member kindly lent him a pair of shorts while his jeans were being dried.
Fernandes gave Branson a certificate to recognise he had "graduated" as an AirAsia stewardess.
Branson said he has huge respect for the "fabulous flight attendants" who performed their jobs everyday.