STF probes into 2004 Vadodara encounter case
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
Almost a decade after the city police gunned him down in a round of retaliatory fire, the encounter of Kashyap Dhaka is now being probed by a team of the Special Task Force (STF). The officers, who reconstructed the encounter site near the Narmada canal in Harni on Tuesday, will submit their report to the Gujarat HC.
Officers of STF arrived in the city from Ahmedabad on Tuesday and visited the site where the encounter had taken place in August 14, 2004. In August 2004, Dhaka was taken to Harni canal area by police to recover the firearms that he had supposedly hidden there. He was shot dead in the retaliatory fire by police inspector G V Desai and sub-inspector D D Damor. CN Rajput, Investigating officer, who visited the Harni Canal area, said, "We are investigating the encounter as per the court directions. "
Dhaka was brought to Vadodara on August 9, 2004 on a transfer warrant from Jodhpur police, where he was arrested for vehicle thefts.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi