Stock markets set for 'muhurat' trading
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
The "muhurat" trading session will be conducted for 75 minutes tomorrow, the Diwali day, on leading bourses NSE and BSE.
The special trading session would be conducted to pay obeisance to Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth and prosperity. It would also mark the new year for traders as per the Hindu calendar, or Samwat 2069.
The tradition of muhurat trading dates back over a century.
Trading would be conducted for 75 minutes on the two bourses -- NSE and BSE. It would be done between 1545 hrs and 1700 hrs, as per the information available with the exchanges.
Market analysts expect this Diwali to bring even better luck to Dalal Street, as the stock market is expected to be positive due to festive mood.
The tradings will be in segments such as capital market, future and options and stock lending and borrowing (SLB).
Last year, bourses had held the trade between 1645 hrs and 1800 hrs.