Stock markets set for 'muhurat' trading
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The "muhurat" trading session will be conducted for 75 minutes tomorrow, the Diwali day, on leading bourses NSE and BSE.
The special trading session would be conducted to pay obeisance to Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth and prosperity. It would also mark the new year for traders as per the Hindu calendar, or Samwat 2069.
The tradition of muhurat trading dates back over a century.
Trading would be conducted for 75 minutes on the two bourses -- NSE and BSE. It would be done between 1545 hrs and 1700 hrs, as per the information available with the exchanges.
Market analysts expect this Diwali to bring even better luck to Dalal Street, as the stock market is expected to be positive due to festive mood.
The tradings will be in segments such as capital market, future and options and stock lending and borrowing (SLB).
Last year, bourses had held the trade between 1645 hrs and 1800 hrs.