Stop acting as Congress agent: JD(U) to Markandey Katju
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Hitting out at Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju for alleging that Nitish Kumar government is trying to "arm-twist" the press, the ruling JD(U) today said he should stop acting as a Congress agent.
"He (Katju) should uphold the decency of a high constitutional post like that of PCI Chairman and stop behaving like a Congress agent," senior JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha said.
Jha, a close confidant of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said if Katju was not convinced of transformation in Bihar under NDA rule, he should go and have dialogue with nobel laureates like the Dalai Lama, Amartya Sen and Joseph Stiglitz who have appreciated the turnaround in the state.
A PCI team constituted by Katju had accused the Nitish Kumar government of "arm-twisting" the press.
Terming the PCI report as "motivated", Jha said since development works were going on a large scale in Bihar, media is publishing "growth stories and not finding much negative news".
Jha suggested Katju to find out how much time state media like DD and Akashwani are giving to highlight good works of non-Congress governments.