‘Stop bulldozing camps, else will hit the streets’
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Azamgarh-based Rashtriya Ulama Council (RUC) Saturday warned the state government of large-scale protests if "bulldozing" of post-riot relief camps at Muzaffarnagar and Shamli was not stopped.
"The state government is resorting to all sorts of tactics to hide its failures. But its latest act of bulldozing the camps is the limit of injustice," said RUC president Maulana Aamir Rashadi Madani.
"Stop the bulldozers, stop comments on the madarsas, the NGOs working in relief camps and on those living in camps, else we are ready to take to the streets," he said in the context of the recent "insensitive" remarks of Principal Secretary (Home) and that of the committee headed by PWD minister Shivpal Yadav.
While Anil Kumar Gupta said "no one dies of cold... If people die of cold, then no one would be alive in Siberia," a report of the committee headed by Shivpal had claimed that the madarsas want the relief camps to continue for their own benefit.
Madani claimed that "more rapes have been committed in the Muzaffarnagar relief camps than during the 2002 Gujarat riots".
Madani also criticised the Akhilesh Yadav government and said "his government is only for the Yadavs".
"At all the police stations, either the SSP, the SP or DSP or CO or constable would be a Yadav. Are there no other castes in the state?" he asked.
In such a scenario, he questioned the role of Muslim ministers, saying that "calling Muslim ministers in the Akhilesh government Muslims is disrespect to the community. Azam Khan should be called Azam Yadav while (health minister) Ahmad Hasan should be referred as Ahmad Hasan Yadav."
Madani added that RUC will hold protests across the state and the country after January 12 .
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'