Stop criticising Sachin Tendulkar, says Sourav Ganguly
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Navjot Sidhu said change is not always the progress and the likes of Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara need a Sachin Tendulkar in the dressing room.
"We have no Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman... We cannot make wholesale changes, it has to be a
mixture. The likes of Kohlis and Pujaras need one Sachin Tendulkar and a solid captain in the dressing room."
Harbhajan Singh hasn't been in the best of form but Sourav Ganguly feels that the senior off-spinner is going through a learning curve.
"Harbhajan Singh is only 31 and has time left in him. He has to be patient. No player goes on improving, such lows do come..."
"I had gone through for five-six months. For Bhajji, it's for a bit longer. More than 15 months or so. But he has to see it as a learning curve. To be patient is important. It would only brings the best out of you."
There were also talks about Mahendra Singh Dhoni's defensive captaincy and his string of poor shows in the longer version, as Kapil Dev said: "He is still the best wicketkeeper we have seen. His records speak for himself.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China