Stop sending RSS, BJP kids to English language schools: Cong
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan can start exorcising "the ghost of English language" by asking BJP or RSS members to stop sending their children to English medium schools and enrolling them to Hindi schools, Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said today.
"If the chief minister really wants to demonstrate his love for Hindi, he should begin by getting his sons out of English medium school and get them admitted to Hindi medium schools," he said in a statement here.
The children of the chief minister, other ministers, as well as BJP and RSS leaders, all study in English medium schools and some of them even study abroad, he said.
This led to a situation of "class struggle" as children of common people were forced to study in Hindi medium schools, he said.
Ajay's statement comes in the wake of Chouhan's remarks here yesterday at a function organised by Dattopant Thengadi Research Organisation, where he had expressed his opposition to English.
Chouhan had strongly opposed English saying that it was necessary to exorcise its ghost. Though only a handful of people speak English, they have shown that nothing could be done without this language, he had said.
He also said that this English-speaking group never want the compulsion of English to end, because they fear that if it happens, even people from remote villages would become IAS or IPS officers.