Straying from Fashion
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
- Facebook to acquire WhatsApp for USD 19 billion in cash and stock deal
- Congâs first casualty of Telangana Bill: Its govt and Chief Minister in Andhra
- Hazare snubs Kejriwal, declares support to Mamata in LS elections
For nearly 15 years, Mumbai-based photographer Vikram Bawa has been a fashion and advertising photographer. For most part of his career, he has followed a definite brief. His upcoming show at Gallery Art and Soul, Worli, titled "The Other Side" is, therefore, an attempt to find a way out of this pre-defined approach, so to speak.
The show comprises two series: "Fallen Angel" and "Voyeur". While the former explores concepts of soul-searching and finding a way out of where one may be trapped, artistically, the latter — in two parts — explores the male and female form. More specifically, it talks about connect, disconnect, similarities, illusions and intensities between the two forms and their need for each other.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state