Street light bulbs yet to be fixed in Industrial Area
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
The Municipal Corporation has been unable to install streetlights at Industrial Area even two years after the proposal was approved. While the poles for the streetlights were installed, the bulbs were never affixed. The laxity on part of the MC has resulted in the area being plunged in darkness. Despite the issue being repeatedly raised in the meetings of the General House, no action has been taken till date.
Three tenders were allotted by the MC for undertaking work in Industrial Area in 2010. One of the tenders was for providing lights in Industrial Area, Phase I, Block A. The time limit for installation of the streetlights was six months. Of the total 210 allotted poles, 194 were installed.
Another tender was allotted for Block B of Industrial Area for which the time limit was 180 days. Here too, 94 of 100 poles were installed. In both these cases the bulbs were not installed making these streetlights of no use.
A question on the issue was raised in the MC House. Officials had stated that the agency has been given 15 days for installation of the street lights. However, despite two months having passed, there has been no progress in the work. The assurances of getting the work completed before Diwali have also not been fulfilled.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment