Street play held against corruption
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
"Corruption is endemic in our society. It is sad and shameful but unfortunately we are the ones to blame," said Saupin's Community Service Organization of Chandigarh and Mohali while staging a street play against corruption in the Sector 19 market.
Promoting awareness about corruption on the occasion of Anti-Corruption Day which was observed internationally on December 9, students and volunteers of SCSO projected how we, the common people, help perpetuate a corrupt system.
A study done in 2008 by Transparency International reported that about 40 per cent of Indians had a first-hand experience of paying bribes or using a contact to get a job in public office.