Stuck atop a 36-ft coconut tree, desperate woman sends SOS to fire brigade
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to file nomination from Varanasi tomorrow; Cong slams Modi for levelling 'cheap' allegations against Gandhi family
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Stuck up in a 36-feet tall coconut tree while spraying insecticide, a housewife had to make a call to the fire brigade from her mobile phone to rescue her.
45-year-old Cicily, a housewife, had learned to operate the coconut tree climbing machine since the past one year and managed to eke out a living with it.
Yesterday, after she climbed the coconut tree at Nedumbrakkat at Chertala in Alapuzha district, to spray insecticide, the machine seemed to have developed some trouble, police said.
However, not loosing her cool, Cicly, held on to the tree and managed to slowly slip down to at least 21 feet. She could not come down further as the tree had a bend.
Her mobile phone came to her rescue and she immediately called the fire force personnel saying, "Sir I am on top of a coconut tree, Please save me."
Hearing her cries for help, people from the area gathered.
By then, the fire force personnel reached the spot and with the help of a ladder, managed to bring her down safe, police said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready