Student attacked in Australia: One suspect held, Indian Consulate in touch with kin
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
One suspect was reportedly arrested in connection with the brutal attack on Indian student in Australia that had left him with severe injuries.
According to reports, the Indian consulate was said to be in touch with the hospital and kin of the assaulted student.
20-year-old Manrajwinder Singh from Reservoir has been in coma after he was brutally attacked with stick and robbed by a gang on Sunday.
A commerce student, Singh was sitting near the footpath with two other friends when they were approached by eight men, perceived to be of African appearance.
The offenders assaulted Singh by kicking him on the head and hitting him with a stick.
Singh was taken to The Alfred hospital where he remains in an induced coma.
(With PTI inputs)