Student attacked in Australia: One suspect held, Indian Consulate in touch with kin
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
One suspect was reportedly arrested in connection with the brutal attack on Indian student in Australia that had left him with severe injuries.
According to reports, the Indian consulate was said to be in touch with the hospital and kin of the assaulted student.
20-year-old Manrajwinder Singh from Reservoir has been in coma after he was brutally attacked with stick and robbed by a gang on Sunday.
A commerce student, Singh was sitting near the footpath with two other friends when they were approached by eight men, perceived to be of African appearance.
The offenders assaulted Singh by kicking him on the head and hitting him with a stick.
Singh was taken to The Alfred hospital where he remains in an induced coma.
(With PTI inputs)
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties