Student auctioning virginity for charity
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
A Brazilian student is auctioning off her virginity to help build new and modern housing for underprivileged families in her home state of Santa Catarina.
Catarina Migliorini, 20, is going to give away the proceeds to help build new and modern housing for underprivileged families in her home state of Santa Catarina, and she has already received a bid of $192,000 with the auction set to end next week.
She told Folha newspaper: "I saw this as a business. I have the opportunity to travel, to be part of a movie and get a bonus with it.
"If you only do it once in your life then you are not a prostitute - just like if you take one amazing photograph, it does not automatically make you a photographer.
"The auction is just business. I'm a romantic girl at heart and believe in love, but this will make a big difference to my area."
Catarina will receive $20,000 and 90 per cent of the final auction price, and the exchange is due to take place on an airplane between Australia and the US to get around prostitution laws.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation