Student auctioning virginity for charity
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
A Brazilian student is auctioning off her virginity to help build new and modern housing for underprivileged families in her home state of Santa Catarina.
Catarina Migliorini, 20, is going to give away the proceeds to help build new and modern housing for underprivileged families in her home state of Santa Catarina, and she has already received a bid of $192,000 with the auction set to end next week.
She told Folha newspaper: "I saw this as a business. I have the opportunity to travel, to be part of a movie and get a bonus with it.
"If you only do it once in your life then you are not a prostitute - just like if you take one amazing photograph, it does not automatically make you a photographer.
"The auction is just business. I'm a romantic girl at heart and believe in love, but this will make a big difference to my area."
Catarina will receive $20,000 and 90 per cent of the final auction price, and the exchange is due to take place on an airplane between Australia and the US to get around prostitution laws.