Student dies after falling from tree in school premises
- In US, Manohar Parrikar hits out at Pakistan, says Modi govt 'pro-active' in curbing violence in Valley
- 'Is this Modi model of democracy?': Arvind Kejriwal complains about officers being transferred by L-G
- India, US sign military logistics pact
- Kyrgyzstan: Three hurt, suicide bomber killed, in blast at Chinese embassy
- Kashmir: Non-lethal options to pellets were cleared in 2012 but file gathers dust
A 15-year-old school student died after falling from a tree while cutting its branch at a school premises in Padirikuppam, about 45 km from here, police said today.
Vineeth, studying in 10th standard of Government ZP high school climbed the tree to cut its branches yesterday. He fell down after the branch of the tree on which he was sitting suddenly broke and came down.
Though he was immediately admitted to a hospital, he died, police said.
District Education Departmental officials have visited the school today and commenced an inquiry into the incident.
- Kashmiris must use fresh methods, free of radical Islam, free of violence
- Kalburgi, Pansare and Dabholkar melded modern sensibilities with tradition
- Islam does not discriminate in allowing entry to places of worship
- Modi and Obama should wrap up the unfinished tasks in the agenda set by them
- Strong intellectual property rights infrastructure will help Indian industry
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist