Student held for molesting minor girl
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
A seven-year-old girl was allegedly molested by her neighbour, an engineering student, in suburban Mulund, police said today.
Harshad Utekar, who is pursuing diploma in engineering, was arrested today and produced before a court which sent him to six-day judicial custody, they said.
The 21-year-old called the victim to his house last night and molested her, police said. The minor girl narrated the incident to her mother who lodged a police complaint.
Utekar, who hails from a well-to-do family, was picked up from his home and booked under IPC Section 354 (assault or criminal force on female with intent to outrage her modesty), police said.