Student held for molesting minor girl
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
A seven-year-old girl was allegedly molested by her neighbour, an engineering student, in suburban Mulund, police said today.
Harshad Utekar, who is pursuing diploma in engineering, was arrested today and produced before a court which sent him to six-day judicial custody, they said.
The 21-year-old called the victim to his house last night and molested her, police said. The minor girl narrated the incident to her mother who lodged a police complaint.
Utekar, who hails from a well-to-do family, was picked up from his home and booked under IPC Section 354 (assault or criminal force on female with intent to outrage her modesty), police said.