Student held for molesting minor girl
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A seven-year-old girl was allegedly molested by her neighbour, an engineering student, in suburban Mulund, police said today.
Harshad Utekar, who is pursuing diploma in engineering, was arrested today and produced before a court which sent him to six-day judicial custody, they said.
The 21-year-old called the victim to his house last night and molested her, police said. The minor girl narrated the incident to her mother who lodged a police complaint.
Utekar, who hails from a well-to-do family, was picked up from his home and booked under IPC Section 354 (assault or criminal force on female with intent to outrage her modesty), police said.