Student killed in clash during New Year bash
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
A BTech student was killed during a drunken brawl involving two groups of students at a New Year party in a hostel of Poorvanchal University in Sarai Khwaja area of Jaunpur district Monday night.
Jaunpur Superintendent of Police Manzil Saini said the students involved in the clash are yet to be identified, but the police are questioning the hostel inmates to trace the assailants.
She also said that the students at Charak Hostel on university campus had organised a party to celebrate New Year's eve. The students were playing music and having liquor after midnight when some of them entered in a heated exchange which led to a clash between two groups around 1 am.
The SP added that the students threw empty bottles at each other and attacked rivals with sticks. One of the students identified as Abhishek Pandey (22) suffered head injuries in the clash and was rushed to the hospital by fellow students. He was referred to Varanasi but he succumbed to injuries on the way, Saini said.