Student killed in clash during New Year bash
- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
A BTech student was killed during a drunken brawl involving two groups of students at a New Year party in a hostel of Poorvanchal University in Sarai Khwaja area of Jaunpur district Monday night.
Jaunpur Superintendent of Police Manzil Saini said the students involved in the clash are yet to be identified, but the police are questioning the hostel inmates to trace the assailants.
She also said that the students at Charak Hostel on university campus had organised a party to celebrate New Year's eve. The students were playing music and having liquor after midnight when some of them entered in a heated exchange which led to a clash between two groups around 1 am.
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump
- As Russia draws closer to Pakistan and China, India must stop taking it for granted
- A year after, the new constitution is owned only by the political elite
- India urgently wants sporting greatness — but its desire is fraught with dangers
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility