Student killed in clash during New Year bash
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga draws first blood for MI, castles Gambhir
A BTech student was killed during a drunken brawl involving two groups of students at a New Year party in a hostel of Poorvanchal University in Sarai Khwaja area of Jaunpur district Monday night.
Jaunpur Superintendent of Police Manzil Saini said the students involved in the clash are yet to be identified, but the police are questioning the hostel inmates to trace the assailants.
She also said that the students at Charak Hostel on university campus had organised a party to celebrate New Year's eve. The students were playing music and having liquor after midnight when some of them entered in a heated exchange which led to a clash between two groups around 1 am.
The SP added that the students threw empty bottles at each other and attacked rivals with sticks. One of the students identified as Abhishek Pandey (22) suffered head injuries in the clash and was rushed to the hospital by fellow students. He was referred to Varanasi but he succumbed to injuries on the way, Saini said.