Student killed in clash during New Year bash
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
A BTech student was killed during a drunken brawl involving two groups of students at a New Year party in a hostel of Poorvanchal University in Sarai Khwaja area of Jaunpur district Monday night.
Jaunpur Superintendent of Police Manzil Saini said the students involved in the clash are yet to be identified, but the police are questioning the hostel inmates to trace the assailants.
She also said that the students at Charak Hostel on university campus had organised a party to celebrate New Year's eve. The students were playing music and having liquor after midnight when some of them entered in a heated exchange which led to a clash between two groups around 1 am.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi