Student raped, killed in Khed
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A first-year Commerce student was found murdered after a suspected rape attempt in Palu village in Khed Taluka on Thursday morning. Chakan police have arrested two suspects, including one of her relatives, from the village. A hunt is on for one more suspect.
Chakan police said the 17-year-old girl went missing on the morning of September 5 after she left for college from home early morning.
When she did not return in the evening, the family members searched for her and lodged a complaint late in the night.
The arrested suspects have been identified as Anil Baburam Kedari and Anil Raghunath Chavan. Surprisingly, Chavan was with the family members when they were searching for the victim. The two were arrested by police on Thursday afternoon.
Police arrested Kedari after his slippers were found near the spot and Chavan after a woman told them that he had stopped her from going to the spot when they were searching for the victim.