Student run over by school bus
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Kolkata:A class IX student of Garden Reach Central School was run over by the school bus in which he was returning home on Friday. As the bus with its door open tried to overtake another bus, Soumya Kanti Dhar was thrown out of the vehicle in a sudden jerk and was run over by the same bus near Tollygunge Phanri. A case has been lodged by the victim's father. The driver of the bus was arrested, while the helper was still absconding.
Patient falls to death from hospital bed
Kolkata:A 33-year-old patient died after falling from a bed at the SSKM Hospital on Friday. Bonani Patra, a resident of Ramnagar in East Midnapore district, was admitted in the nephrology department. The relatives of Patra got agitated after she was declared dead. Police rushed to the spot and tried to pacify them. The body was later handed over to the kin and there was no post mortem of the body as no case was filed. The hospital has formed a three-member committee to probe the death.
Metro wants fare hike
Facing acute losses, Metro Rail Kolkata has sought a hike in passenger fares to reach a "no- profit-no-loss" situation. Metro Rail Kolkata general manager Radhey Shyam said, "There is a need for revision in the fare structure, which have not been changed in the past 10-12 years."