Narendra Modi protest: Students allege molestation
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK wreak havoc on DD with clinical bowling
According to the protesters, the police instead of protecting those detained, dragged them through a crowd of ABVP activists.
Kopal Pokal, a member of the SFI who was outside the SRCC on Wednesday, said: "I don't think policemen have learnt how to deal with protesters. They need to be gender sensitized. They dragged us from the barricades and took us through a crowd of ABVP members who hurled abuses at us, called us 'besharam aurat' and 'deshdrohi'. Even the police personnel were laughing and jeering at us."
The police told eight protesters whom they had detained to leave once Modi left the campus. But they marched to the police station and demanded that their complaints be registered. "We demanded that the police identify those who were abusing us and those police personnel who led us to the mob. Several TV cameras captured it. Why don't they use that as evidence," Piyush Raj, a member of AISA, said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota