Students in Tamil Nadu continue protests over Sri Lankan Tamils issue
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Students of various colleges in Tamil Nadu continued their protests for the seventh day today over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue.
In Chennai, students of Dr Ambedkar Law College continued their hunger strike even as 20 students of IIT-Madras embarked on a similar protest inside their campus, police said.
Protests continued in various parts of the state, including Coimbatore and Tirunelveli, with students pressing for various demands, including an independent probe against Colombo for alleged human rights violantions and moving the International Court of Justice.
City-based Loyola College students had first embarked on a fast-unto-death last week on this emotive issue, with more and more students taking to various forms of protests, including hunger strike and boycott of classes.
Emotions in Tamil Nadu had surged especially after pictures by a private channel showed the alleged cold bloodedkilling of slain LTTE chief V Prabakaran's 12 year-old son, Balachandran.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2