Students pour bottles of Port over their heads in latest internet craze
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In yet another crazy online trend, students from Durham University have filmed themselves pouring bottles of Port over their heads, in a video called Porting.
It is in answer to Newcastle University's Milking video, which has now been viewed by more than 500,000 people.
"It's all about oneupmanship. We started out trying to get one better than our student cousins at Newcastle but, due to our lactose intolerance we were unable to do it with milk," the Daily Mail quoted a spokesperson for Porting Durham as saying.
"We commend Newcastle in their valiant effort and inspiring us to go one further," the spokesperson told The Tab, the student newspaper for Durham University.
The video shows the students, wearing white dress shirts and smart trousers, pouring bottle after bottle of the fortified wine over their heads.
"We were approached by a high street washing powder brand, and it all fell into place. What better thing to do than pour fortified wine over crisp white shirts?" added the Porting spokesperson.
According to the video's creator, the video carries a strong message to the government and said "This is a protest against the hike of alcohol prices to a minimum of 45 pence per unit."