Students produce power with biogas from poultry waste
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Five students from BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary in Shastri Nagar have successfully been able to produce electricity from biogas made from poultry waste. The project was recently showcased at the 20th National Children's Science Congress held at Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi.
Adjudged outstanding with grade A among 22 projects out of a total of 616 projects presented, the department of science and technology has also selected the project for the fellowship programme.
One of the project guidance teachers, Anuja Kaushal, talking to Ludhiana Newsline, said: "It was a research-based project worked on by Lovedeep Singh, Aishwarya Verma, Sanpreet Singh, Sharabh and Tanya, all Class X students. The theme given to us was energy harnessing exploration and what was unique in our project was that students were successful in producing energy from the biogas produced using poultry waste. It is a landmark achievement for poultry farm owners and shows a way for energy production from poultry waste."
Paramjit Kaur, principal of BCM Arya Model, said: "Our team of students worked hard under guidance of Punjab Agricultural University energy department researcher Dr Sarabjit Singh Sooch and our three teachers Nikhil Sharma, Esha Sethi and Anuja Kaushal too prepared them well."
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words