Students write to college admn, revised results to be out soon
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Advani: Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager
- Modi absent from Varunâs campaign, as is largely any BJP mention
- Pak bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
Third year Bachelor of Science students of Fergusson College, who were in for a shock after learning that they were marked absent in Environmental Science Paper IV they had attempted, have written to the college administration seeking correct results at the earliest. "The examinations were held in October and the results were declared on February 7. Already the results have been delayed. To top it all, the entire batch of 15 students have been marked absent for the paper in the results," said Kalyani Dilip, a student.
The problem started when environmental science subject was not mentioned on the hall ticket given to students. "We all approached the college authorities and they manually entered the name of the paper on our hall tickets. However, when the results were out, all of us were marked absent. We have written to the college administration and have attached our marksheets along. The administration has promised to resolve the issue," said Kalyani.
However, the problem does not end here as February 15 is the last date for filling forms for next semester exams. "Unless we get the results, we are in the dark as to whether we have passed the subject or not," said Kalyani.
Sampada Joshi, Controller of Examination, UoP, said the college had made mistakes in the subject code for the internal marks data entry. "The matter was not resolved before processing the results. However, the issue has been addressed now and the revised results will be out soon," she said.
Anand Bhide, vice principal, Fergusson College, said, "All the results with mistakes have been submitted to the university. I have been told that the revised results will be available within two days."
MA results likely by next week
The results of Master of Arts (MA) course, which were to be out by January 15, have not been declared yet. The exam was conducted by UoP in November. "We know the results have been delayed. The process is on and the results will likely be declared by next week," said Sampada Joshi, Controller of Examination, UoP.
- History-sheeter shot at by unidentified assailants at Govandi
- BMC gets 75K applications for 942 posts of clerks
- Sena corporator Yashodhar Phanse new chairman of BMC standing committee
- ‘Principal leaked paper to cop’s son out of goodwill’; both remanded in 5-day custody
- Juvenile board miffed at raking up convicts’ past
- Ahead of state polls, Rane says Cong ‘hasn’t used his full potential’