Subhash Ghai's Kaanchi goes on floors
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Subhash Ghai began shooting for his next film Kaanchi at Film City, Mumbai. Kaanchi is a musical thriller and 5 songs have already been recorded for the film. The film stars newcomer Mishti along with Kartik Tiwari while Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty enact pivotal supporting roles.
Commenting on directing after 4 yrs, Subhash Ghai said, "I am too excited to make this film since this is a contemporary new age story with a lot of energy and music.Actually today I feel the same way that I felt when I started my first film Kalicharan. This script of mine has my lead actress do stunts which is a first in any of my films, so you can imagine the drama and entertainment in it".
Ghai further added, "I feel I am always best in a crisis situation. I still remember how much pressure I was under after my film Trimurti flopped and still I went ahead and made Pardes. One thing I can never compromise is the quality of my film making whatever the budget may be. I am glad that I am making the film that I want to make with a stellar cast including Rishi Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty, Kartik Tiwari and Mishti as my new heroine. Kartik and Mishti both are extremely talented which I have seen during my workshops with them."