Subhash Ghai's Kaanchi goes on floors
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Subhash Ghai began shooting for his next film Kaanchi at Film City, Mumbai. Kaanchi is a musical thriller and 5 songs have already been recorded for the film. The film stars newcomer Mishti along with Kartik Tiwari while Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty enact pivotal supporting roles.
Commenting on directing after 4 yrs, Subhash Ghai said, "I am too excited to make this film since this is a contemporary new age story with a lot of energy and music.Actually today I feel the same way that I felt when I started my first film Kalicharan. This script of mine has my lead actress do stunts which is a first in any of my films, so you can imagine the drama and entertainment in it".
Ghai further added, "I feel I am always best in a crisis situation. I still remember how much pressure I was under after my film Trimurti flopped and still I went ahead and made Pardes. One thing I can never compromise is the quality of my film making whatever the budget may be. I am glad that I am making the film that I want to make with a stellar cast including Rishi Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty, Kartik Tiwari and Mishti as my new heroine. Kartik and Mishti both are extremely talented which I have seen during my workshops with them."
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress