Subhash Ghai's Kaanchi goes on floors
- Shiv Sena calls BJP arrogant, threatens to pull out of Maharashtra govt; Fadnavis dismisses it as 'drama'
- Esther Anuhya rape case: Chandrabhan Sanap sentenced to death for raping, killing techie
- Sedition charge against Tamil folk singer for anti-Jayalalithaa song
- Moody's to Modi: Control BJP members or risk losing credibility
- Fire that killed Dalit kids started in room, not outside: Forensics
Subhash Ghai began shooting for his next film Kaanchi at Film City, Mumbai. Kaanchi is a musical thriller and 5 songs have already been recorded for the film. The film stars newcomer Mishti along with Kartik Tiwari while Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty enact pivotal supporting roles.
Commenting on directing after 4 yrs, Subhash Ghai said, "I am too excited to make this film since this is a contemporary new age story with a lot of energy and music.Actually today I feel the same way that I felt when I started my first film Kalicharan. This script of mine has my lead actress do stunts which is a first in any of my films, so you can imagine the drama and entertainment in it".
Ghai further added, "I feel I am always best in a crisis situation. I still remember how much pressure I was under after my film Trimurti flopped and still I went ahead and made Pardes. One thing I can never compromise is the quality of my film making whatever the budget may be. I am glad that I am making the film that I want to make with a stellar cast including Rishi Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty, Kartik Tiwari and Mishti as my new heroine. Kartik and Mishti both are extremely talented which I have seen during my workshops with them."
- Govt is bound to go by the advice of chief justice of India in appointments
- An unsolved murder mystery: Benazir Bhutto’s killing continues to roil Pakistan
- Disprivilege and backwardness can be addressed without resort to fixed quotas
- India's private sector can use institutional mechanisms to deepen ties with Africa
- A Myanmar Without Fear
- We need to show we love India more than those who profess a monopoly on this love story