Subhash Ghai's Kaanchi goes on floors
- Lalu Prasad's RJD splits as 13 MLAs quit party; likely to join Nitish's JD(U)
- Govt has decided to drop anti-piracy charges against Italian marines, Centre tells SC
- Rahul takes a dig at Modi, says BJP thinks one man can run the country
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
Subhash Ghai began shooting for his next film Kaanchi at Film City, Mumbai. Kaanchi is a musical thriller and 5 songs have already been recorded for the film. The film stars newcomer Mishti along with Kartik Tiwari while Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty enact pivotal supporting roles.
Commenting on directing after 4 yrs, Subhash Ghai said, "I am too excited to make this film since this is a contemporary new age story with a lot of energy and music.Actually today I feel the same way that I felt when I started my first film Kalicharan. This script of mine has my lead actress do stunts which is a first in any of my films, so you can imagine the drama and entertainment in it".
Ghai further added, "I feel I am always best in a crisis situation. I still remember how much pressure I was under after my film Trimurti flopped and still I went ahead and made Pardes. One thing I can never compromise is the quality of my film making whatever the budget may be. I am glad that I am making the film that I want to make with a stellar cast including Rishi Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty, Kartik Tiwari and Mishti as my new heroine. Kartik and Mishti both are extremely talented which I have seen during my workshops with them."
Finally Ghai said, "We are set to release this movie on 15th August 2013 and thereafter I am going to work on a big star cast movie in the year 2014."
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients