Sub-inspector suspended for sexually harassing woman
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
A police sub-inspector in Cyberabad Police Commissionerate here has been suspended on charge of sexually harassing a married woman, a private school teacher, who has gone missing, police said.
Cyberabad Police Commissioner Ch Dwaraka Tirumala Rao yesterday ordered suspension of Dundigal Sub-Inspector V Sudhir Kumar, after an internal inquiry was carried out by senior police officers over allegations that the SI allegedly harassed and threatened a married woman and her husband.
"An internal inquiry revealed that the SI not only made several calls but also sent text messages to the woman on her mobile. Efforts are on to trace the woman, who has gone missing since yesterday," police sources today said.
The woman, a resident of Addagutta, worked as a teacher in a private school while Sudhir Kumar stayed near her house.
The woman's husband Anil, a private company employee, said that his wife, who left home yesterday, had not returned. He lodged a complaint with KPHB police stating he found a note which said that his wife wanted to commit suicide reportedly unable to bear the harassment meted out by the SI.
A complaint was earlier lodged by the couple alleging that the SI, on some or the other pretext, made several calls to the woman and also sent several SMSes at odd hours. Further investigations were on.