Subsidy on electric bikes likely by next year
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- April 7 Campaign roundup: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress; AAP will not even win a single seat in LS polls, says Kalyan Singh
Electric bikes are set to get a boost as the government plans to announce subsidy on electric bikes by next year. The move is aimed at reducing India's carbon emissions from petrol/diesel-run vehicles.
Naveen Munjal, MD of Heroeco tech said, "Already this proposal has been cleared by seven ministries and we are expecting a final clearance by next year which will thus bring the prices of vehicle down. Ministry of heavy industry, national council for electric mobility and many others have given a green signal on this demand."
Heroeco's e-Bike costs Rs 28,000. Though it is gaining popularity in Delhi and other states, the cost factor is a hurdle in making it available widely.
Vijay Munjal, Group Chairman, Heroeco added, "Apart from the e-bike even the awareness regarding riding a bicycle is also increasing. This is the reason that sale of fancy bicycle models which are in the price range of Rs 25,00- Rs 10,000 is increasing on an average by 30 per cent per annum."
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains