Subsidy on electric bikes likely by next year
- Why didn't Pak raise Kashmir at Ufa: Rajnath on cancellation of NSA talks
- Still No.1: Usain Bolt claws back, just in time
- Narendra Modi not a liar but Rahul is, says Smriti Irani in Amethi
- OROP demand: Union Minister VK Singh's daughter joins protest at Jantar Mantar
- What is Modi trying to achieve? Kejriwal on AAP MLA's arrest
Electric bikes are set to get a boost as the government plans to announce subsidy on electric bikes by next year. The move is aimed at reducing India's carbon emissions from petrol/diesel-run vehicles.
Naveen Munjal, MD of Heroeco tech said, "Already this proposal has been cleared by seven ministries and we are expecting a final clearance by next year which will thus bring the prices of vehicle down. Ministry of heavy industry, national council for electric mobility and many others have given a green signal on this demand."
Heroeco's e-Bike costs Rs 28,000. Though it is gaining popularity in Delhi and other states, the cost factor is a hurdle in making it available widely.