Suchitra Sen not yet out of danger, to remain in ICU
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Ailing actress Suchitra Sen is still not out of danger and would remain under observation in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress still needs non-invasive ventilation at irregular intervals for oxygen support and could not be be said to be out of danger yet, they said.
Stating that her condition continued to remain stable, a medical bulletin issued by super-speciality hospital Belle Vue Clinic said fluctuation of her oxygen saturation needed continuous monitoring.
"She has received physiotherapy. She is having light diet as prescribed. Because of continuous monitoring of her vital parameters which might need active emergency intervention, she will continue to be observed in ICU setting," it said.
The actress was admitted to the hospital on December 23 following a respiratory tract infection.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?