Suchitra Sen not yet out of danger, to remain in ICU
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Ailing actress Suchitra Sen is still not out of danger and would remain under observation in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress still needs non-invasive ventilation at irregular intervals for oxygen support and could not be be said to be out of danger yet, they said.
Stating that her condition continued to remain stable, a medical bulletin issued by super-speciality hospital Belle Vue Clinic said fluctuation of her oxygen saturation needed continuous monitoring.
"She has received physiotherapy. She is having light diet as prescribed. Because of continuous monitoring of her vital parameters which might need active emergency intervention, she will continue to be observed in ICU setting," it said.
The actress was admitted to the hospital on December 23 following a respiratory tract infection.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility