Suchitra Sen not yet out of danger, to remain in ICU
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Ailing actress Suchitra Sen is still not out of danger and would remain under observation in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress still needs non-invasive ventilation at irregular intervals for oxygen support and could not be be said to be out of danger yet, they said.
Stating that her condition continued to remain stable, a medical bulletin issued by super-speciality hospital Belle Vue Clinic said fluctuation of her oxygen saturation needed continuous monitoring.
"She has received physiotherapy. She is having light diet as prescribed. Because of continuous monitoring of her vital parameters which might need active emergency intervention, she will continue to be observed in ICU setting," it said.
The actress was admitted to the hospital on December 23 following a respiratory tract infection.
Sen who has kept herself away from the public eye for the last three decades has starred in memorable Hindi and Bengali films like 'Devdas', 'Aandhi', 'Saat Paake Bandha', 'Agnipariksha', 'Saptopadi' and 'Deep Jele Jai'.