Suchitra Sen not yet out of danger, to remain in ICU
- Kashmir: 3 militants dead after attack at army camp in Handwara, medicines with Pak marking recovered
- The whitewash: Probe alleges Rohith Vemula's mother faked Dalit status, blames him for his suicide
- BCCI refute allegations of non-compliance with Lodha panel in Supreme Court
- Jayalalithaa's health: Madras HC dismisses petition, says filed for publicity, political reasons
- Government study finds toxins in PET bottles of 5 soft drink brands
Ailing actress Suchitra Sen is still not out of danger and would remain under observation in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress still needs non-invasive ventilation at irregular intervals for oxygen support and could not be be said to be out of danger yet, they said.
Stating that her condition continued to remain stable, a medical bulletin issued by super-speciality hospital Belle Vue Clinic said fluctuation of her oxygen saturation needed continuous monitoring.
"She has received physiotherapy. She is having light diet as prescribed. Because of continuous monitoring of her vital parameters which might need active emergency intervention, she will continue to be observed in ICU setting," it said.
The actress was admitted to the hospital on December 23 following a respiratory tract infection.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness