Suchitra Sen undergoes surgery for fractured wrist joint
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Legendary actress Suchitra Sen underwent an operation on her left wrist joint which suffered a dislocation last night, but her condition was stable, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress was admitted to a private clinic in south Kolkata last night after she suffered a fracture on her left wrist joint after a fall at her residence, said a source close to Suchitra Sen's family.
"She underwent a surgery and her condition is stable," Dr Subrata Maitra said.
The actress was kept under observation at the ICU of the clinic.
The iconic Bengali actress is known for leading a reclusive life, shunning the limelight ever since she retired from the screen in 1978.
Sen, in her three decade long career, starred in many hit Bengali and Hindi films such as 'Saptapadi', 'Harano Sur', 'Devdas', 'Aandhi' and 'Mamta'.
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment