Suchitra Sen undergoes surgery for fractured wrist joint
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Legendary actress Suchitra Sen underwent an operation on her left wrist joint which suffered a dislocation last night, but her condition was stable, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress was admitted to a private clinic in south Kolkata last night after she suffered a fracture on her left wrist joint after a fall at her residence, said a source close to Suchitra Sen's family.
"She underwent a surgery and her condition is stable," Dr Subrata Maitra said.
The actress was kept under observation at the ICU of the clinic.
The iconic Bengali actress is known for leading a reclusive life, shunning the limelight ever since she retired from the screen in 1978.
Sen, in her three decade long career, starred in many hit Bengali and Hindi films such as 'Saptapadi', 'Harano Sur', 'Devdas', 'Aandhi' and 'Mamta'.
She is the mother of Moon Moon Sen and grandmother to actresses Riya and Raima Sen.