Suchitra Sen undergoes surgery for fractured wrist joint
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Legendary actress Suchitra Sen underwent an operation on her left wrist joint which suffered a dislocation last night, but her condition was stable, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress was admitted to a private clinic in south Kolkata last night after she suffered a fracture on her left wrist joint after a fall at her residence, said a source close to Suchitra Sen's family.
"She underwent a surgery and her condition is stable," Dr Subrata Maitra said.
The actress was kept under observation at the ICU of the clinic.
The iconic Bengali actress is known for leading a reclusive life, shunning the limelight ever since she retired from the screen in 1978.
Sen, in her three decade long career, starred in many hit Bengali and Hindi films such as 'Saptapadi', 'Harano Sur', 'Devdas', 'Aandhi' and 'Mamta'.
She is the mother of Moon Moon Sen and grandmother to actresses Riya and Raima Sen.