Suchitra Sen undergoes surgery for fractured wrist joint
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Legendary actress Suchitra Sen underwent an operation on her left wrist joint which suffered a dislocation last night, but her condition was stable, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress was admitted to a private clinic in south Kolkata last night after she suffered a fracture on her left wrist joint after a fall at her residence, said a source close to Suchitra Sen's family.
"She underwent a surgery and her condition is stable," Dr Subrata Maitra said.
The actress was kept under observation at the ICU of the clinic.
The iconic Bengali actress is known for leading a reclusive life, shunning the limelight ever since she retired from the screen in 1978.
Sen, in her three decade long career, starred in many hit Bengali and Hindi films such as 'Saptapadi', 'Harano Sur', 'Devdas', 'Aandhi' and 'Mamta'.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully