Suchitra Sen's health deteriorates
- Kashmir: 3 militants dead after attack at army camp in Handwara, medicines with Pak marking recovered
- The whitewash: Probe alleges Rohith Vemula's mother faked Dalit status, blames him for his suicide
- BCCI refute allegations of non-compliance with Lodha panel in Supreme Court
- Jayalalithaa's health: Madras HC dismisses petition, says filed for publicity, political reasons
- Government study finds toxins in PET bottles of 5 soft drink brands
Ailing yesteryear actress Suchitra Sen's health deteriorated on Friday even as she was put on 'non-invasive ventilatory' support following breathing difficulties, doctors said.
"Suchitra Sen's breathing problem has increased, leading to dipping of her oxygen saturation, needing non-invasive ventilatory support," said a medical bulletin issued by Belle Vue Clinic, where she is admitted. Non-invasive ventilation is given through a mask at irregular intervals.
"Her other vital parameters like heart rate and blood pressure remain stable," said a doctor, adding that she was on a light diet. Besides a cardiologist, the 82-year-old actress was also examined by two chest specialists.
A five-member medical board at the hospital led by Dr Subrata Maitra was monitoring her health round-the-clock.
Meanwhile, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited the hospital and met doctors and Sen's actress-daughter Moon Moon.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness