Suchitra Sen's health deteriorates
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Ailing yesteryear actress Suchitra Sen's health deteriorated on Friday even as she was put on 'non-invasive ventilatory' support following breathing difficulties, doctors said.
"Suchitra Sen's breathing problem has increased, leading to dipping of her oxygen saturation, needing non-invasive ventilatory support," said a medical bulletin issued by Belle Vue Clinic, where she is admitted. Non-invasive ventilation is given through a mask at irregular intervals.
"Her other vital parameters like heart rate and blood pressure remain stable," said a doctor, adding that she was on a light diet. Besides a cardiologist, the 82-year-old actress was also examined by two chest specialists.
A five-member medical board at the hospital led by Dr Subrata Maitra was monitoring her health round-the-clock.
Meanwhile, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited the hospital and met doctors and Sen's actress-daughter Moon Moon.
Sen was admitted to the private super-speciality hospital last week following a respiratory tract infection.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress