Suchitra Sen's health deteriorates
- Bengal unit of Congress in a fix after it tweets out controversial Rajiv quote
- Thank You, PV Sindhu
- Those who consider India their country should treat cow as mother: Jharkhand CM
- India should be a lot bolder in meeting military needs of Afghanistan: Hamid Karzai
- Army seizes weapons after encounter on Myanmar border
Ailing yesteryear actress Suchitra Sen's health deteriorated on Friday even as she was put on 'non-invasive ventilatory' support following breathing difficulties, doctors said.
"Suchitra Sen's breathing problem has increased, leading to dipping of her oxygen saturation, needing non-invasive ventilatory support," said a medical bulletin issued by Belle Vue Clinic, where she is admitted. Non-invasive ventilation is given through a mask at irregular intervals.
"Her other vital parameters like heart rate and blood pressure remain stable," said a doctor, adding that she was on a light diet. Besides a cardiologist, the 82-year-old actress was also examined by two chest specialists.
A five-member medical board at the hospital led by Dr Subrata Maitra was monitoring her health round-the-clock.
Meanwhile, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited the hospital and met doctors and Sen's actress-daughter Moon Moon.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility