Suchitra Sen's health deteriorates
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Ailing yesteryear actress Suchitra Sen's health deteriorated on Friday even as she was put on 'non-invasive ventilatory' support following breathing difficulties, doctors said.
"Suchitra Sen's breathing problem has increased, leading to dipping of her oxygen saturation, needing non-invasive ventilatory support," said a medical bulletin issued by Belle Vue Clinic, where she is admitted. Non-invasive ventilation is given through a mask at irregular intervals.
"Her other vital parameters like heart rate and blood pressure remain stable," said a doctor, adding that she was on a light diet. Besides a cardiologist, the 82-year-old actress was also examined by two chest specialists.
A five-member medical board at the hospital led by Dr Subrata Maitra was monitoring her health round-the-clock.
Meanwhile, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited the hospital and met doctors and Sen's actress-daughter Moon Moon.
Sen was admitted to the private super-speciality hospital last week following a respiratory tract infection.