Suchitra Sen's health improves
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
There has been slight improvement in the health of ailing veteran actress Suchitra Sen today, but poor oxygenation of blood due to a lung infection remains a cause of concern, according to doctors.
"Mrs Suchitra Sen's medical condition is stable since yesterday. However, her oxygen saturation is still fluctuating
continuously necessitating intermittent non-invasive ventilation," a medical bulletin from the hospital where she was admitted on December 23 said.
Doctors attending to the 82-year-old said her vital parameters like heart rate and blood pressure level was satisfactory.
Her condition had deteriorated yesterday after which she was given non-invasive ventilation at irregular intervals for oxygen support.
Sen was now responding to medicines and was examined by chest specialists Dr Bhiman Ganguly and Dr Pawan Agarwal.
She has been put on physiotherapy at a private Intensive Care Unit cabin.
A five-member medical board at the super-speciality hospital led by Dr Subrata Maitra was monitoring her health round-the-clock.
Actress Raima Sen, her grand-daughter, tweeted, "My grandma is better .. Thank you for your prayers . . Keep praying."
Sen who has kept herself away from public eye for the last three decades was the first Indian actress to win the best actress award internationally at the Moscow Film Festival.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words