Sudhir Mishra making sequel to 'Iss Raat ki Subah Nahin'
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
`Off-beat' film-maker Sudhir Mishra is making a sequel to his film `Iss Raat ki Subah Nahin'.
The 1996 film, a thriller, featured Tara Deshpande, Smriti Mishra, Nirmal Pandey, Saurabh Shukla and Ashish Vidyarthi among others.
"We are making a sequel -- we are relooking at the story. The film was liked by people and I want to get back to the space of thriller," Mishra said.
Reportedly, the sequel will have Chitrangda Singh, Irrfan Khan and Arunoday Singh.
"We would like to take it ahead as `Iss Raat ki Subah Nahin' one, two, three, four," Mishra said, without divulging further details about the sequel.
Mishra's other upcoming ambitious project is `Mehrunissa, which will have Amitabh Bachchan.
"The script of `Mehrunissaż is almost finished. It is a big budget film. We will make an announcement soon," he said.
Grapevine has it that Mehrunissa is a story of a woman who acts as `catalyst' in bringing together two estranged friends, and, besides Rishi Kapoor, actresses like Chitrangada Singh, Deepika Padukone, Vidya Balan, and Katrina Kaif are being considered for the film.
Mishra's soon-to-release `Inkaar' deals with the subject of sexual harassment and stars Arjun Rampal and Chitrangada Singh.
"It is a great story. The film is in post-production stage and we will release it in January 2013," Mishra said.