Sugar futures weaken on sluggish demand, higher supply
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
Amid subdued demand and higher supplies into the spot markets, sugar prices fell by Rs 15 to Rs 3,245 per quintal in futures trade today.
At the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, sugar prices for delivery in December declined by Rs 15, or 0.15 per cent, to Rs 3,245 per quintal, with an open interest of 3,950 lots.
The sweetener for delivery in January traded Rs 6, or 0.18 per cent lower at Rs 3,292 per quintal in an open interest of 31,630 lots.