Sugar prices decline on lesser offtake
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Sugar prices dropped by Rs.60 per quintal in the national capital today, following slackness in demand amid increased supply.
Marketmen said lack of buying support and regular supply from mills, mainly pulled down sweetener prices.
Sugar ready M-30 and S-30 prices moved down from Rs.3340-3480 and Rs.3320-3460 to settle at Rs.3280-3450 and Rs.3260-3430 per quintal.
Similarly, mill delivery M-30 and S-30 prices dipped from Rs.3200-3350 and Rs.3180-3330 to conclude at Rs.3180-3325 and Rs.3160-3300 per quintal.
Among millgate including duty section, sugar dhampur lost Rs.45 at Rs.3275 per quintal and Dorala, Asmoli fell by Rs.30 each to Rs.3310 and Rs.3350 per quintal. The following were today quotations per quintal: Sugar ready: M-30 3,280-3,450, S-30 3,260-3,430. Mill delivery: M-30 3,180-3,325; S-30 3,160-3,300.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.