Sugar prices decline on lesser offtake
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
Sugar prices dropped by Rs.60 per quintal in the national capital today, following slackness in demand amid increased supply.
Marketmen said lack of buying support and regular supply from mills, mainly pulled down sweetener prices.
Sugar ready M-30 and S-30 prices moved down from Rs.3340-3480 and Rs.3320-3460 to settle at Rs.3280-3450 and Rs.3260-3430 per quintal.
Similarly, mill delivery M-30 and S-30 prices dipped from Rs.3200-3350 and Rs.3180-3330 to conclude at Rs.3180-3325 and Rs.3160-3300 per quintal.
Among millgate including duty section, sugar dhampur lost Rs.45 at Rs.3275 per quintal and Dorala, Asmoli fell by Rs.30 each to Rs.3310 and Rs.3350 per quintal. The following were today quotations per quintal: Sugar ready: M-30 3,280-3,450, S-30 3,260-3,430. Mill delivery: M-30 3,180-3,325; S-30 3,160-3,300.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph