Sugar prices decline on lesser offtake
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Sugar prices dropped by Rs.60 per quintal in the national capital today, following slackness in demand amid increased supply.
Marketmen said lack of buying support and regular supply from mills, mainly pulled down sweetener prices.
Sugar ready M-30 and S-30 prices moved down from Rs.3340-3480 and Rs.3320-3460 to settle at Rs.3280-3450 and Rs.3260-3430 per quintal.
Similarly, mill delivery M-30 and S-30 prices dipped from Rs.3200-3350 and Rs.3180-3330 to conclude at Rs.3180-3325 and Rs.3160-3300 per quintal.
Among millgate including duty section, sugar dhampur lost Rs.45 at Rs.3275 per quintal and Dorala, Asmoli fell by Rs.30 each to Rs.3310 and Rs.3350 per quintal. The following were today quotations per quintal: Sugar ready: M-30 3,280-3,450, S-30 3,260-3,430. Mill delivery: M-30 3,180-3,325; S-30 3,160-3,300.
Sugar mill gate (including duty): Mawana 3335, Kinnoni 3400, Asmoli 3350, Dorala 3310, Budhana 3310, Thanabhavan 3305, Dhanora 3270, Simbholi 3400, Modi Nagar 3280, Khatuli 3320, Dhampur 3275, Ramala 3190, Bulandshar 3265, Anupshar 3180, Baghpat 3230, Morna 3210, Sakoti 3230, Chandpur 3260, Amroha 3270 and Nazibabad 3180.