Sukhbir Badal calls Sonia Gandhi pizza-loving, then relishes one
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The way to the voters' heart is through stomach of political opponents, so believes Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal. The Shiromani Akali Dal chief has been resorting to "gastronomical attacks" on the Congress as he campaigns for the Moga bypoll. And none — from UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi to state Congress president Capt Amarinder Singh — is spared.
"Like most people in Punjab, we eat sarson da saag and makki di roti . However, Congress president Sonia Gandhi does not like Indian food and only eats pizzas," Sukhbir said addressing a gathering at Dutt Road.
Ironically, immediately after his address, the deputy CM was served pizza, which he ate with relish, away from the prying eyes of the media.
He aims another 'gastronomical arrow' at cousin Manpreet Badal, president of People's Party of Punjab.
"My younger brother wanted to stop all the subsidies and welfare schemes. He has kept the name of his party as People's Party of Punjab. He wants people to drink, drink and just drink," he says.
However, he keeps the best of his attacks for the 'Raja', as he prefers calling Amarinder.
"The Raja does not like the water or whisky of Moga. In the evening, his blood sugar shoots as he craves a drink. Chief Minister (Parkash Singh Badal) and I are available to you 24 hours of the day, but no one can reach the Raja after he has downed a few drinks," Sukhbir tells the villagers in Moga.
At Charik village last week, near where Amarinder is camping, Sukhbir told villagers to guard their chickens. "The Raja is staying in your village. He has come to Moga with two trucks full of cooks and ovens. Their men are on the lookout for good chicken... they will devour yours," he said.
- Woman murdered, body found in trunk
- Identity politics
- Lack of legal power hampers probe into missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express