Sukhdev Namdhari shot at Ponty Chandha's brother Hardeep: police
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
The counsel further said Namdhari was illegally arrested as there was no ground for the same.
Mallik also said there is no independent evidence pointing towards Namdhari's involvement.
He said Namdhari was only accompanying Ponty to his farmhouse, where his younger brother had opened fire at him and the slain liquor baron and his PSOs had fired back at Hardeep in their defence.
Mallik also said Nand Lal, in his FIR, had not mentioned anything about the shootout and even about Namdhari's presence at the time of alleged criminal trespassing. He had only identified three persons, who are already in police custody.
Namdhari has been falsely implicated, said the counsel.
Earlier, the liquor baron's four guards – Bhupender, Rajpal, Uday and Anand – were remanded to police custody till November 25 for allegedly entering the disputed farmhouse in South Delhi and thrashing Hardeep's men there.
Two others, Vijay Kumar and Madan Rana, who were working as caretakers at Chadhas' another farmhouse in Bijwasan, were arrested by the police on November 18 for allegedly restraining the farmhouse occupants and threatening them.