Sukhdev Singh Namdhari wants own jail van, BJP says probe Arvinder Singh Lovely, Haroon Yusuf
- Varun Gandhi hits back at cousin Priyanka over 'astray' remark, says she crossed 'lakshman rekha of decency'
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says 'toffee' has caught his fancy after 'balloon'
Sacked Uttarakhand minorities commission chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, arrested for his alleged involvement in the November 17 gunfight at the Chhattarpur farmhouse where liquor baron Gurdeep 'Ponty' Chadha and his brother Hardeep were killed, has moved an application in a city court saying he wants a separate vehicle to transport him from Tihar Jail to court.
"Being a political figure, he may become a target for any person who may want to threaten him. We have requested the court that Namdhari be allowed a separate van to keep him safe," Namdhari's advocate RS Malik said.
Meanwhile, the BJP on Thursday demanded the resignation of Delhi ministers Arvinder Singh Lovely and Haroon Yusuf for their alleged links with Ponty and his brother. Call records of Hardeep's mobile phone reportedly show he was in regular touch with Lovely and Yusuf.
But Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said there was nothing wrong in people speaking to each another. "Some calls were made, but we do not know the context or content of these calls. There is nothing more for me to say about this issue," Dikshit said.
When Newsline asked SBK Singh, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime), if the two ministers would be questioned, he said the call detail records were not related to the case.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) SBS Tyagi said: "We have not received any allegation or complaint pertaining to whom you are talking about."
The phone records, sources said, reveal that Hardeep spoke to Lovely several times before he reached the farmhouse on November 17 morning. The sources said Lovely was to mediate between the two brothers later that day at the farmhouse.
In the seven months till the day of the incident, Hardeep and Haroon Yusuf had exchanged 54 calls, the sources said. On some days, Yusuf first spoke to Hardeep and the next call was made to Lovely.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi