Sukhoi crash: Black box found
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
The black box of the crashed Sukhoi-30MKI aircraft has been found amidst the wreckage. Speaking to The Indian Express, IAF Wing 2 spokesperson, wing commander R R Lall said, "The Flight Data Recorder (FDR) of the aircraft was found on Tuesday."
Asked about the specifications of the technical snag that caused the crash, Lall said this would only be clear after the Court of Inquiry conducts the probe. The IAF on Tuesday had maintained that the FDR was not found. An HAL assembled aircraft, the inquiry may include representatives from HAL as well as members of the Sukhoi Design Bureau, the manufacturers of the aircraft.
Meanwhile, Air Marshal Anjan Kumar Gogoi, Air Officer Commanding-in-chief of Gandhinagar-based South Western Air Command inspected the crash site. He reached IAF station Lohegaon around 10.30 am and visited the location at 11.30 am. The details of his comments could not be obtained. A team from Delhi, which was supposed to inspect the site, had not arrived, said the personnel deployed at the spot.
The Sukhoi-30 MKI of Lohegaon-based Lightnings Squadron crashed at 1.10 pm on Tuesday, 30 minutes after it took of from Lohegaon. The two pilots managed to eject seconds before it crashed.