Sukhoi crash: Black box found
- RK Nagar bypoll: EC scraps April 12 polling as voter bribery charges fly
- Srinagar poll violence: Lok Sabha polls are a 'sham', can't be alternative to 'self-determination', says Pakistan
- Mamata Banerjee meets Modi, seeks funds due to West Bengal
- Top leadership of NDA meet today to strategise future of alliance
- We dig well, denied water... we make idol, can’t touch: Social Justice Minister
The black box of the crashed Sukhoi-30MKI aircraft has been found amidst the wreckage. Speaking to The Indian Express, IAF Wing 2 spokesperson, wing commander R R Lall said, "The Flight Data Recorder (FDR) of the aircraft was found on Tuesday."
Asked about the specifications of the technical snag that caused the crash, Lall said this would only be clear after the Court of Inquiry conducts the probe. The IAF on Tuesday had maintained that the FDR was not found. An HAL assembled aircraft, the inquiry may include representatives from HAL as well as members of the Sukhoi Design Bureau, the manufacturers of the aircraft.
Meanwhile, Air Marshal Anjan Kumar Gogoi, Air Officer Commanding-in-chief of Gandhinagar-based South Western Air Command inspected the crash site. He reached IAF station Lohegaon around 10.30 am and visited the location at 11.30 am. The details of his comments could not be obtained. A team from Delhi, which was supposed to inspect the site, had not arrived, said the personnel deployed at the spot.
- UP’s farm loan waiver could prompt other states to follow suit
- Some memories of Kishori Amonkar, serene diva and woman of substance
- PM Dahal gets a mouthful from the powers that be in China
- Supreme Court has been under attack, from within and without
- We need to hear less talk and see more action on investments, credit, jobs
- Why are they not rescuing cows abandoned in the streets of our cities?