Sukhoi crash: Black box found
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The black box of the crashed Sukhoi-30MKI aircraft has been found amidst the wreckage. Speaking to The Indian Express, IAF Wing 2 spokesperson, wing commander R R Lall said, "The Flight Data Recorder (FDR) of the aircraft was found on Tuesday."
Asked about the specifications of the technical snag that caused the crash, Lall said this would only be clear after the Court of Inquiry conducts the probe. The IAF on Tuesday had maintained that the FDR was not found. An HAL assembled aircraft, the inquiry may include representatives from HAL as well as members of the Sukhoi Design Bureau, the manufacturers of the aircraft.
Meanwhile, Air Marshal Anjan Kumar Gogoi, Air Officer Commanding-in-chief of Gandhinagar-based South Western Air Command inspected the crash site. He reached IAF station Lohegaon around 10.30 am and visited the location at 11.30 am. The details of his comments could not be obtained. A team from Delhi, which was supposed to inspect the site, had not arrived, said the personnel deployed at the spot.
The Sukhoi-30 MKI of Lohegaon-based Lightnings Squadron crashed at 1.10 pm on Tuesday, 30 minutes after it took of from Lohegaon. The two pilots managed to eject seconds before it crashed.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties