Sukhu new working HP Cong chief
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu, a former Congress MLA, was on Tuesday appointed the Himachal party working president in the wake of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh resigning from the post a few days ago.
"Congress president Sonia Gandhi has cleared his name on the advise of AICC General Secretary Birender Singh, who had held talks with state leaders," said a sitting MLA.
A two time MLA, 48-year-old Sukhu had lost the last Assembly election from Nadaun. He earlier had been the state NSUI and Youth Congress president.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment
- Edit - Come clean