Sukhu new working HP Cong chief
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu, a former Congress MLA, was on Tuesday appointed the Himachal party working president in the wake of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh resigning from the post a few days ago.
"Congress president Sonia Gandhi has cleared his name on the advise of AICC General Secretary Birender Singh, who had held talks with state leaders," said a sitting MLA.
A two time MLA, 48-year-old Sukhu had lost the last Assembly election from Nadaun. He earlier had been the state NSUI and Youth Congress president.
Reports said Virbhadra had suggested three names for the post — Gangu Ram Musafir, Rangila Ram Rao and Harshvardan Chauhan. His detractors, however, pushed for Viplove Thakur, Asha Kumari and Sukhu.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun