Sultanpur: Dalit girl ‘raped’
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
A 15-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly raped and held captive for 15 days by three men in Dharauli village in Sultanpur district, the police said on Sunday. The girl went missing on December 14 while going to school, the police said adding that she was "freed" on Saturday after which the matter came to the light and an FIR was registered against three persons. While Raju has been charged with rape, Basantlal and Sahabdeen have been booked criminal conspiracy. The police were trying to arrest the accused, who are absconding.
Bhadoi: Girl molested by neighbour
A 21-year-old Dalit woman was molested by her neighbour in Gopiganj area of Bhadoi district. The police said that the accused Ram Sajeevan alias Baba (25) has been arrested.
Jhansi: Doctor tries to 'rape' patient
A doctor allegedly tried to rape the woman when she had gone for treatment along with her two family members in Bdagaon area in Jhansi district on Saturday, the police said. A case was lodged on Saturday night and efforts were on to arrest the doctor, they said. Agitated local residents on Sunday shut their shops. The incidents come amid national outrage over the Delhi gangrape incident, whose victim died on Friday night after battling for life for nearly two weeks.