Summary revision of voters’ list begins in Ahmedabad
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
To ensure that they participate in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Ahmedabad District Collector Roopwant Singh has appealed voters in the district to check if their names figure in the electoral list of their respective wards or not.
In a statement issued Wednesday, he said that mere possession of election photo identity card (EPIC) would not be enough to allow a person to cast his or her vote. The names of the EPIC-holders should also be there in the electoral list.
He said that a summary revision of the electoral list had begun on September 10 and would continue till October 5. He said voters could check the presence of their names or that of their family members by calling the helpline number 1950 or by sending a text message 'epic