Summary revision of votersí list begins in Ahmedabad
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
To ensure that they participate in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Ahmedabad District Collector Roopwant Singh has appealed voters in the district to check if their names figure in the electoral list of their respective wards or not.
In a statement issued Wednesday, he said that mere possession of election photo identity card (EPIC) would not be enough to allow a person to cast his or her vote. The names of the EPIC-holders should also be there in the electoral list.
He said that a summary revision of the electoral list had begun on September 10 and would continue till October 5. He said voters could check the presence of their names or that of their family members by calling the helpline number 1950 or by sending a text message 'epic
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance