Summary revision of voters’ list begins in Ahmedabad
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
To ensure that they participate in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Ahmedabad District Collector Roopwant Singh has appealed voters in the district to check if their names figure in the electoral list of their respective wards or not.
In a statement issued Wednesday, he said that mere possession of election photo identity card (EPIC) would not be enough to allow a person to cast his or her vote. The names of the EPIC-holders should also be there in the electoral list.
He said that a summary revision of the electoral list had begun on September 10 and would continue till October 5. He said voters could check the presence of their names or that of their family members by calling the helpline number 1950 or by sending a text message 'epic