Summary revision of votersí list begins in Ahmedabad
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
To ensure that they participate in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Ahmedabad District Collector Roopwant Singh has appealed voters in the district to check if their names figure in the electoral list of their respective wards or not.
In a statement issued Wednesday, he said that mere possession of election photo identity card (EPIC) would not be enough to allow a person to cast his or her vote. The names of the EPIC-holders should also be there in the electoral list.
He said that a summary revision of the electoral list had begun on September 10 and would continue till October 5. He said voters could check the presence of their names or that of their family members by calling the helpline number 1950 or by sending a text message 'epic