Summary revision of votersí list begins in Ahmedabad
- LIVE Brussels: One dead, several injured after two explosions at Belgium's Zaventem airport
- Meeting with PM Modi 'very positive', says PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti
- University of Hyderabad students attack VC Appa Rao's house, smash furniture
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar meets Rahul Gandhi
- Rift with RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan? Here's what Jaitley has to say
To ensure that they participate in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Ahmedabad District Collector Roopwant Singh has appealed voters in the district to check if their names figure in the electoral list of their respective wards or not.
In a statement issued Wednesday, he said that mere possession of election photo identity card (EPIC) would not be enough to allow a person to cast his or her vote. The names of the EPIC-holders should also be there in the electoral list.
He said that a summary revision of the electoral list had begun on September 10 and would continue till October 5. He said voters could check the presence of their names or that of their family members by calling the helpline number 1950 or by sending a text message 'epic
- Veterans of the Assam Movement now fight polls. But the bitterness and the issues linger on
- When Bhagat Singh’s clarion call ‘Inquilab Zindabad’, it was voluntarily accepted
- Delhi needs an authority suitably empowered and responsible for safe drinking water
- Clutching at Kanhaiya
- In Bangladesh’s diminishing democratic space, a prominent editor is at the receiving end
- Supreme Court has the opportunity to enforce the true Islamic law on divorce