Summary revision of votersí list begins in Ahmedabad
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
To ensure that they participate in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Ahmedabad District Collector Roopwant Singh has appealed voters in the district to check if their names figure in the electoral list of their respective wards or not.
In a statement issued Wednesday, he said that mere possession of election photo identity card (EPIC) would not be enough to allow a person to cast his or her vote. The names of the EPIC-holders should also be there in the electoral list.
He said that a summary revision of the electoral list had begun on September 10 and would continue till October 5. He said voters could check the presence of their names or that of their family members by calling the helpline number 1950 or by sending a text message 'epic
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress