Summary revision of voters’ list begins in Ahmedabad
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
To ensure that they participate in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Ahmedabad District Collector Roopwant Singh has appealed voters in the district to check if their names figure in the electoral list of their respective wards or not.
In a statement issued Wednesday, he said that mere possession of election photo identity card (EPIC) would not be enough to allow a person to cast his or her vote. The names of the EPIC-holders should also be there in the electoral list.
He said that a summary revision of the electoral list had begun on September 10 and would continue till October 5. He said voters could check the presence of their names or that of their family members by calling the helpline number 1950 or by sending a text message 'epic
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready