Summer festival in Shimla from June 1
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: Advani hits out at Nitish Kumar, says he will be doomed for deserting NDA
The 5-day Shimla Summer festival, an annual feature of the 'Queen of Hills', will commence at historic Ridge Maidan here on June 1.
Famous artistes will perform at the nearly week-long cultural extravaganza, Deputy Commissioner Dinesh Malhotra, who is also chairman of the organising committee, said.
After a gap of almost a decade, Miss Shimla event will held at the festival, he said.
An exhibition on handicraft and consumer goods will also be organised at the 5-day festival while will conclude on June 5.
To attract youths, a rock band competition will be held, the DC said adding a half-marathon will be flagged off from Ridge Maidan at 7 AM on the eve of the festival.
June one has been declared a holiday in Shimla and its surrounding areas.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit