Summer festival in Shimla from June 1
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
The 5-day Shimla Summer festival, an annual feature of the 'Queen of Hills', will commence at historic Ridge Maidan here on June 1.
Famous artistes will perform at the nearly week-long cultural extravaganza, Deputy Commissioner Dinesh Malhotra, who is also chairman of the organising committee, said.
After a gap of almost a decade, Miss Shimla event will held at the festival, he said.
An exhibition on handicraft and consumer goods will also be organised at the 5-day festival while will conclude on June 5.
To attract youths, a rock band competition will be held, the DC said adding a half-marathon will be flagged off from Ridge Maidan at 7 AM on the eve of the festival.
June one has been declared a holiday in Shimla and its surrounding areas.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress