Summer festival in Shimla from June 1
- Congress has old habit of destabilising popular governments, says Rajnath
- Bihar: Ten CRPF commandos killed in Naxal IED blast
- OPINION | Shah Faesal writes: Between the studio and the street
- GOP for securing Pakistan nuclear arsenal; calls India its ally
- Arun Jaitley interview: Huge banking reforms underway, been able to strike consensus on GST Bill
The 5-day Shimla Summer festival, an annual feature of the 'Queen of Hills', will commence at historic Ridge Maidan here on June 1.
Famous artistes will perform at the nearly week-long cultural extravaganza, Deputy Commissioner Dinesh Malhotra, who is also chairman of the organising committee, said.
After a gap of almost a decade, Miss Shimla event will held at the festival, he said.
An exhibition on handicraft and consumer goods will also be organised at the 5-day festival while will conclude on June 5.
To attract youths, a rock band competition will be held, the DC said adding a half-marathon will be flagged off from Ridge Maidan at 7 AM on the eve of the festival.
- There is an urgent need for India to reclaim 'national interest' from its national media
- India's institutionalised monetary policy framework has to be taken to its logical conclusion
- The carnage in Nice leaves the French in a state of vulnerability
- Donald Trump has shaken core principles of both Republicans and Democrats
- Hindutva’s textbook rewriting project recasts history in binaries
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago