Summit in Agra to woo global investors
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
To apprise global leaders, investors, businessmen and policy makers about the new policies of the state government and its potential in various sectors, the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Uttar Pradesh government and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will be jointly organising the 19th edition of the Partnership Summit in Uttar Pradesh.
The theme of the three-day event (January 27-29), being organised in Agra, is 'Global Partnerships for Enduring Growth'.
"It will be an excellent platform to showcase Uttar Pradesh's immense potential, accentuated by the new policies, IT and Industrial, brought in by the state government," said Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC) Anil Kumar Gupta, in an interaction with reporters on Monday.
The annual CII event is being held in Uttar Pradesh for the first time. Ministers and business delegations from US, Japan, Australia, Canada, Russia, Spain and a host of other countries and a high-level delegation of state government, including the chief secretary and principal secretaries of key departments will participate in the summit, he said.
Seven plenary sessions and three parallel sessions will be held during the summit, apart from other activities. "The focus of the summit will be on dairy, tourism, beverages, petroleum, leather clusters, food processing, petrochemicals and steel," added Sanjeev Mittal, Principal Secretary, Information, UP government.
"Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will be chairing a special session on 'Uttar Pradesh-the land of opportunities' on January 28 and is also expected to unveil various industry and investment friendly policies as a package during the summit," Gupta said.
"Jagdishpur paper mill, a theme park and International Airport in Agra, IIIT and International Cricket stadium in Lucknow, textile plant in Fathehpur, an Amul Diary plant, and many other projects, are in the pipeline," Gupta said. He also said that the tendering process of Agra-Lucknow expressway is expected to begin around the mid of this year.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota