Summit in Agra to woo global investors
- Lok Sabha polls: 11 parties come together to defeat Cong, counter Modi, say they are the 'first front'
- Lalu Prasad fights rebellion, 9 MLAs back to RJD fold, blames Nitish Kumar for hatching a conspiracy
- Shinde does a u-turn, says he meant to 'crush' social media, not electronic media
- Supreme Court rejects exemption plea, Subrata Roy to appear tomorrow
- AAP gears up for LS polls, party to add gas pricing issue in manifesto to target BJP, Cong
To apprise global leaders, investors, businessmen and policy makers about the new policies of the state government and its potential in various sectors, the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Uttar Pradesh government and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will be jointly organising the 19th edition of the Partnership Summit in Uttar Pradesh.
The theme of the three-day event (January 27-29), being organised in Agra, is 'Global Partnerships for Enduring Growth'.
"It will be an excellent platform to showcase Uttar Pradesh's immense potential, accentuated by the new policies, IT and Industrial, brought in by the state government," said Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC) Anil Kumar Gupta, in an interaction with reporters on Monday.
The annual CII event is being held in Uttar Pradesh for the first time. Ministers and business delegations from US, Japan, Australia, Canada, Russia, Spain and a host of other countries and a high-level delegation of state government, including the chief secretary and principal secretaries of key departments will participate in the summit, he said.
Seven plenary sessions and three parallel sessions will be held during the summit, apart from other activities. "The focus of the summit will be on dairy, tourism, beverages, petroleum, leather clusters, food processing, petrochemicals and steel," added Sanjeev Mittal, Principal Secretary, Information, UP government.
"Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will be chairing a special session on 'Uttar Pradesh-the land of opportunities' on January 28 and is also expected to unveil various industry and investment friendly policies as a package during the summit," Gupta said.
"Jagdishpur paper mill, a theme park and International Airport in Agra, IIIT and International Cricket stadium in Lucknow, textile plant in Fathehpur, an Amul Diary plant, and many other projects, are in the pipeline," Gupta said. He also said that the tendering process of Agra-Lucknow expressway is expected to begin around the mid of this year.
- At 23, the Indian creator of the smart ring is the youngest to address Mobile World Congress
- Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) joins hand with BJP
- Kejriwal letter questions Rahul on gas pricing, Ambani links
- Man immolates self in front of Assam secretariat
- Ex-Armyman, ISI spy for 2 years, held
- NIA nabs 2 from UP for blasts at Modi’s rally