Summoning PM out of question, says Chacko
- Bangladesh: Blast at Eid congregation in Kishoreganj area, 2 dead
- Prakash Javadekar takes charge of HRD Ministry, reacts to Ali Anwar's comment on Smriti Irani
- PM Modi’s new team shows his capacity to think politically, keep an eye on the future
- The shift after Cabinet reshuffle: Key infra, economic portfolios with junior ministers
- Uttarakhand cloudbursts: In washed away village, they look for signs of life — and gold
Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G scam P C Chacko on Wednesday ruled out summoning Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to depose before the panel, saying there was no such precedent.
"It is out of the question to call the PM before the JPC as witness as there is no precedent of calling the prime ministers before the JPCs," he said.
- A note for Mr Prakash Javadekar
- Brexit vote shows democracy can defeat itself
- Founder of the Aligarh Muslim University wanted it to be a non-sectarian institution
- Retrogressive tendencies unleashed by the Emergency have gained an upper-hand
- PM Modi’s new team shows his capacity to think politically
- Across the Muslim world, Zakir Naik promotes religious prejudice, if not hatred