Summoning PM out of question, says Chacko
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G scam P C Chacko on Wednesday ruled out summoning Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to depose before the panel, saying there was no such precedent.
"It is out of the question to call the PM before the JPC as witness as there is no precedent of calling the prime ministers before the JPCs," he said.
On reports that the BJP is likely to attend Thursday's JPC meeting, ending its boycott of the panel to once again press for inclusion of Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram as witnesses, he said it was "most welcome". On summoning Chidambaram as witness, Chacko said it would be "decided on the basis of consensus".