Summons late, accused cops won’t make it to court today
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
Eleven Gujarat cops including D G Vanzara arrested in the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case and lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad will miss Friday's date with a Mumbai court, with the summons reaching too late to make arrangements for them to be brought to Mumbai on Thursday. Another accused, former Gujarat minister Amit Shah who is out on bail said he had not received any summons.
A Mumbai police team reached the jail on Thursday morning to bring the accused to Mumbai but preparations had not been made to transfer them to Mumbai, jail sources said. The summons reportedly reached them on Wednesday.