Summons late, accused cops won’t make it to court today
- PM Narendra Modi visits Pathankot air force base
- US wants Pakistan to act fast against Pathankot attack perpetrators
- Aamir Khan is a traitor, says BJP MP Manoj Tiwari at House panel meet
- Probing Pathankot attack: How wires got crossed in Delhi
- After terror attacks in Punjab, Army uniforms once sold openly now disappear
Eleven Gujarat cops including D G Vanzara arrested in the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case and lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad will miss Friday's date with a Mumbai court, with the summons reaching too late to make arrangements for them to be brought to Mumbai on Thursday. Another accused, former Gujarat minister Amit Shah who is out on bail said he had not received any summons.
A Mumbai police team reached the jail on Thursday morning to bring the accused to Mumbai but preparations had not been made to transfer them to Mumbai, jail sources said. The summons reportedly reached them on Wednesday.