- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Whether it is his response to a jibe by Gujarat CM Narendra Modi or a discussion on a more serious issue of women education, Minister of State Shashi Tharoor does not let go of an opportunity to profess his love for wife Sunanda Pushkar. His tweet on his 'priceless' better half in response to Modi's attack still has romantics gushing. At Justice Sunanda Bhandare Memorial Lecture Wednesday, he could not help but mention the coincidence in names. He praised Justice Bhandare's commitment to the cause of women and then, drawing quite a few smiles, said that besides, he has always been partial to Justice Bhandare's first name.
SHE had objected when T K Vishwanathan was appointed Secretary General of Lok Sabha, arguing that the post should go to officers of Parliamentary Services cadre. She had objected again when Vishwanathan was given an extension. But when Sushma Swaraj made, what looked like an otherwise normal remark at Vishwanathan during the debate on FDI in retail, it raised many eyebrows in the House. Speaking towards the end, Swaraj requested Vishwanathan to lean back in his chair so he does not come in her line of sight with the Prime Minister. Many MPs thought it reflected her dislike for Vishwanathan.
FORMER Army Chief Gen V K Singh has been addressing political rallies and leading protest marches to Parliament. But, he has been avoiding official gatherings that are expected to be attended by former service chiefs. While his absence at the 'At Home' function organised by the IAF chief as well as at the Independence Day function was noticed, Singh is now believed to have turned down an invite to a bi-annual former Army Chief's conclave — which has been institutionalised for several years now to get the views of retired chiefs — being held on Thursday.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress