Sunita Williams to get her honorary doctorate at GTU
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Indian-American astronaut Sunita Williams will be handed honorary doctorate degree by the Gujarat Technological University (GTU) at a function at the university's premises at Chandkheda on April 6.
The honorary doctorate was conferred on her in absentia by the university's chancellor and state Governor Kamla at the university's annual convocation on December 19 last year.
Registrar Gitesh Joshi said around 200 engineering students would also interact with Williams.
Williams, whose parents hail from Jhulasan village in Mahesana district, had visited Gujarat in October 2007.
She holds the record for the longest space flight by a woman astronaut.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express