Sunita Williams to get her honorary doctorate at GTU
- Elections 2014 Live: Polling underway peacefully; Kapil Sibal, Harsh Vardhan cast their votes
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
Indian-American astronaut Sunita Williams will be handed honorary doctorate degree by the Gujarat Technological University (GTU) at a function at the university's premises at Chandkheda on April 6.
The honorary doctorate was conferred on her in absentia by the university's chancellor and state Governor Kamla at the university's annual convocation on December 19 last year.
Registrar Gitesh Joshi said around 200 engineering students would also interact with Williams.
Williams, whose parents hail from Jhulasan village in Mahesana district, had visited Gujarat in October 2007.
She holds the record for the longest space flight by a woman astronaut.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi