Sunita Williams to get her honorary doctorate at GTU
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Indian-American astronaut Sunita Williams will be handed honorary doctorate degree by the Gujarat Technological University (GTU) at a function at the university's premises at Chandkheda on April 6.
The honorary doctorate was conferred on her in absentia by the university's chancellor and state Governor Kamla at the university's annual convocation on December 19 last year.
Registrar Gitesh Joshi said around 200 engineering students would also interact with Williams.
Williams, whose parents hail from Jhulasan village in Mahesana district, had visited Gujarat in October 2007.
She holds the record for the longest space flight by a woman astronaut.