Sunita Williams to get her honorary doctorate at GTU
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
Indian-American astronaut Sunita Williams will be handed honorary doctorate degree by the Gujarat Technological University (GTU) at a function at the university's premises at Chandkheda on April 6.
The honorary doctorate was conferred on her in absentia by the university's chancellor and state Governor Kamla at the university's annual convocation on December 19 last year.
Registrar Gitesh Joshi said around 200 engineering students would also interact with Williams.
Williams, whose parents hail from Jhulasan village in Mahesana district, had visited Gujarat in October 2007.
She holds the record for the longest space flight by a woman astronaut.