Sunny Leone and Kamal R Khan in legal war
- President Pranab Mukherjee calls for debate, discussion; not disruption of Parliament
- Jat agitation: CM Manohar Lal Khattar heckled in Rohtak, the epicentre of protests
- Nothing to hide, nothing to worry: Venkaiah Naidu on JNU row
- After 15-year silence, Jamaat-ud-Dawa backs Lashkar, tweets praise for Pampore attack
- Quota stir: Red faces in Congress as Hooda ex-aide heard in clip egging Jats on
"Jism 2" actress Sunny Leone has filed a complaint against actor Kamal R Khan in the Cyber Crime Investigation Cell for falsely attributing a controversial rape comment to her on his Twitter page.
A few days back, Leone had reportedly tweeted some controversial comment on rape which she later denied, claiming her account was hacked for a few minutes.
Kamal later attributed the comments to her, tweeting, "Ye lo... Sunny Leone says ¿ Rape is not a crime, it's surprise sex."
However, according to a leading news agency, the pornstar turned actress tweeted, "Rape is not crime, it is a surprise sex." In no time the starlet realized her mistake and deleted her tweet, but by then it got retweeted by her followers.
The adult movie star has now lodged a written complaint at the Cyber Crime Investigation Cell of the Mumbai police urging action.
"In normal cases I would have ignored this man's tweet but it became an issue and I am not insensitive. Being a woman I am not one to make a loose comment on rape at a time when the country is in the aftermath of what happened in New Delhi.
"It is disgusting for someone to make a joke out of this. I strongly condemn the man's incorrect and insensitive statement and his false accusations of me having made a callous remark like that," she said in a statement.
Former 'Bigg Boss' contestant, Kamal is notorious for making outrageous comments on his Twitter page.
The actor has been tweeting against Leone for sometime and now claims that he is filing a counter case against the actress at Versova police station.
- I love my country enough to commit to its future even if it means being branded anti-national
- How diversity and dissent played at the Berlin Film Festival
- Sword of recapitalisation
- Jat quota demand is an expression of caste entitlement
- Rules on suspension of internet would allay concerns on individual rights
- I do not know Umar Khalid. And yet, I want to claim him as my son